I’ve switched back to Eclipse as my IDE for work for various reasons (but the major one being that I know more about coercing existing source bases into Eclipse than how to do the corresponding project buggery in NetBeans).
I decided to rack up the Code Assistance, Auto-Completion and templating. To my delight in short methods I now sometimes feel that the machine is actually writing the code rather than me. The predictive parameter completion rarely makes totally wacko choices and the only real glitch I feel is that there is no way to suggest that certain String parameters are actually intended to be literals.
Since switching it on I feel a lot more productive!